The health, welfare and safety of our residents and employees is our highest priority and we continue to monitor government advice. You can find our most up to date information on this page, which we will review regularly.
We have reviewed our COVID-19 Guidance in line with the Government’s approach to ‘Living Safely with COVID-19’. There are actions we can all take to help reduce the risk of catching COVID-19 and passing it on to others.
You can access the latest accurate information on Coronavirus, including the current situation in the UK and details about the virus and its symptoms at:
- How ELM Group is Responding
- Head Office Staff
- Advice for Residents
- Advice for Contractors
- Helpful Information & Resources
As we learn to live safely with coronavirus (COVID-19), there are actions we can all take to help reduce the risk of catching COVID-19 and passing it on to others. These actions will also help to reduce the spread of other respiratory infection, such as flu, which can spread easily and may cause serious illness in some people.
We would like to thank all our residents, their families and our team for their co-operation over the last 2+ years and their diligence in following the Governments guidance to keep everyone as safe as possible.
The measures we would like to make you aware of are as follows:
- Your Estate Manager will continue to be present on site, we continue to encourage our staff and residents to observe good hygiene practices:
- wash your hands
- cover your coughs and sneezes
- clean your surroundings frequently
- Your Estate Manager will continue to frequently clean high-touch surfaces in communal areas such as door handles, door plates, bannisters, and door entry keypads.
- Your Estate Manager will continue to improve ventilation around the estate by opening windows in the communal areas and your office, to let fresh air in –as the weather allows and without compromising security.
- In person resident meetings arranged by Head Office (e.g., budget and accounts meetings) will continue with sensible precautions taken such as ensuring the room is well ventilated.
- All communal facilities including the lounges, kitchens, W.C., guest suites, laundry rooms, lifts, hair salons, swimming pools and chiropodists will remain open with no restrictions.
- All COVID-19 posters and signage may be removed.
- Soap will be available in any washing facilities and paper hand towels provided rather than a cloth towel.
- Monthly pull cord and smoke detector checks in resident’s apartments will continue.
- Estate Managers may continue to wear a mask if preferred or if a resident asks them to wear one.
- We expect our contractors to continue to take sensible precautions to minimise any risk to others when completing works in resident’s apartments or any enclosed areas. Sensible precautions may include cleaning high touch points before they leave, wearing a mask, and to practice good hygiene. Contractors are expected to wear a face mask if a resident or member of staff asks them to.
- Major external decorations and repairs to continue as planned.
- Major internal decorations or works which require access to resident’s apartments (such as window replacements) to continue as planned
- Regular contractors such as cleaners, window cleaners, gardeners, lift engineers etc. to continue.
ELM Group/RLHA are continuing to sanitise work surfaces, maintaining a safe distance between colleagues and visitors and wearing face masks where required.
Opening hours remain 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
For non-urgent matters we encourage you to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Any resident requiring information regarding coronavirus is advised to follow guidance issued by the government and its agencies which is updated regularly. This can be found here:
Please be wary of information spread on social media or through non-government or non-NHS websites, as this may be misleading.
If you need more specific advice, you should call NHS 111 and follow any advice provided.
Reporting of COVID-19 Cases
We appreciate most people can no longer access free testing for COVID-19. However, if you do take a positive test, please inform your Estate Manager. This will help us to monitor case numbers within our estates and, should we identify an increased risk, allow us to take steps to limit the spread. There is no need to report suspected cases – only confirmed positive results please.
As a minimum, contractors should continue to consider the risks of the spread of COVID-19 when completing works in resident’s apartments or any enclosed areas. Sensible precautions may include cleaning high touch points before they leave, wearing a mask, and to practice good hygiene. Contractors are expected to wear a face mask if a resident or member of staff asks them to.
Should you have any queries in regard to these procedures, please contact us directly using the details below or email to CustomerServicesTeam@elmgroup.org.uk
Please pass this information on to all relevant staff within your organisation that work on ELM Group estates.
We thank you for your co-operation with following these simple processes which we hope will prevent Covid-19 entering our estates.
COVID-19 guidance issued by the government and its agencies can be found here:
NHS Guidance on Reducing the Spread of COVID-19
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds, wash your hands as soon as you get back home
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze, put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean